VC Funding for Medical Imaging AI Companies Totals Almost $3.5 Billion Since 2015
Published: March 31, 2022
Venture capital investment for companies developing medical imaging AI applications has totalled almost $3.5 billion since 2015. Despite the COVID-19 global pandemic, the appetite for investors has not abated, and 2021 was the record year with the most funding raised ($815 million). Most of the recent investment was targeted at companies from China.
This report covers:
- The total funding, number of deals, and average size of deal since 2015.
- Summary of the “$100m club” of vendors that have crossed the $100m threshold in terms of capital raised.
- Summary of top five most funded companies in the Americas, EMEA, and Asia.
- The type of investments and distribution of funding by region since 2015.
- The distribution of medical imaging AI companies by funding and rank.
Summary of the Key Findings:
- More than 200 companies are developing AI solutions for medical imaging.
- The funding raised by medical imaging AI companies is almost $3.5 billion across 290 deals.
- The average size of a funding deal for this period was $12.0 million, an increase of almost $3million since the last report.
- Since 2015, companies from Asia have raised the most investment ($1.5 billion) followed by the Americas ($1.2 billion). Companies from EMEA have only raised just over $600 million.
- Almost 80% of total investments raised by medical imaging AI companies is accounted for by the top 25 most funded companies.
Share on LinkedIn
AI in Medical Imaging Market Intelligence ServiceOngoing series of reports, data and insights delivered over the year
AI in Medical Imaging Market Intelligence Service
This Market Intelligence Service provides regular data, insights and analysis on the global market opportunity for AI-based medical image analysis.
Find out more