The first medical image analysis software products built on advanced machine learning technology, such as deep learning, began to enter the market in 2016. These are a mix of workflow tools to help radiologists improve their efficiency and clinical tools to help radiologists make faster and more accurate diagnoses. The introduction of deep learning has enabled machine learning to be applied in a wider range of medical imaging applications than ever before, including detection, visualisation, quantification, data aggregation, data summarisation, quality control and predictive analytics. Moreover, the first prototypes of cognitive physician support tools that offer suggested diagnoses have been previewed. Deep learning is a truly transformative technology and the long-term impact on the medical imaging market should not be under-estimated.
The primary objective of this research report is to quantify the market for machine learning in medical imaging and to forecast how the market will develop over the next five years, in four major use cases: computer-aided detection, quantitative image analysis tools, decision support tools and computer-aided diagnosis. The main report is accompanied by a Powerpoint style executive summary and an Excel file with static and fully customisable (pivot format) tables. Customers also benefit from direct access to the lead Analyst for unparalleled customer support and expert opinions on the market. The key features of the report are listed below.
- Identify the products and end-markets driving growth
- Review the market drivers and barriers to growth
- Quantitative analysis of market size (revenues, installation and average install price) and forecast growth
- Market share for the leading vendors, by region
- Detailed profiles of 19 vendors, including SWOT analysis, target market, partnerships, etc.
- Identify potential partners and acquisition targets
- Impact of advanced machine learning and deep learning by application
- Analysis of each application by modality
- Market analysis for four major product types: computer-aided detection, quantitative medical image analysis tools, decision support tools and computer-aided diagnosis.
- Review of go-to-market strategies
- Analysis of product pricing and software licensing strategies
- Reliable market data and expert Analyst insights to support your strategic planning